Monday, May 30, 2016

Mango Strawberry Smoothie


Holy Delicious! This smoothie has been a long time favorite! It is so simple to throw together in the morning and it never disappoints.
I start by gathering my ingredients: Water, Orange Juice, Almond slices, frozen strawberries, frozen mangoes and my nutribullet.
I add about 1/2 cup of frozen mangoes and 1/4 of frozen strawberries to my blender container. You could easily replace the mangoes and strawberries with any other frozen fruits you like.
I sprinkle a handful of sliced almonds on top of my frozen fruit. I do this for a little extra calcium and protein but you could easily leave out the almonds or use another nut.

Once all of my solid ingredients are added, I fill the container halfway with orange juice and the rest of the way with water. I half the orange juice with water to reduce sugar, but you could use all orange juice or all water depending on your preferences. I have also replaced the orange juice with just about every kind of juice in the past. So, if you don't have or don't like orange juice you can use whatever kind of juice you have on hand.
Once all my ingredients are in the container, I blend them with the Nutribullet for about 3 minutes. If there are any left over chunks, I blend it a little longer.
I'm drinking one of these as I write and it is fruity, summery perfection!

Mango Strawberry Smoothie
Ingredients:
1/2 cup frozen mangoes
1/4 cup frozen strawberries  
handful of sliced almonds
orange juice
water

Directions:
1. Pour frozen mango, strawberries, almonds, orange juice and water in Nutribullet container.
2. Blend for 3 minutes (more if necessary)

Enjoy!
Kenzie





2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!! Where did you get your mason jar cup?? it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The actual Mason Jar is from Michaels - you can buy them individually there! The lid/ straw combination came in a pack of four from Hogg Hardware around Christmas time! :)

      Delete