Monday, June 6, 2016

Party Games: Blindfolded Drawing

This is another one of my favorite party games because it is just so easy to animate but it's a blast to play! I start by having all of the party guests sit in a circle on the floor and blindfolding them with handkerchiefs. Once everyone is blindfolded, I give each child a marker and a 8 1/2 by 11 blank piece of paper. Giving blindfolded children markers might sound like a terrible idea, but I am always careful to use washable markers, and we play on a hardwood floor so if there is any marker that gets on the floor, it wipes off easily! Depending on the age of the kids and/or to avoid getting marker everywhere you could use wax crayons or colored pencils or you could put scrap newspaper down under the drawing surface.

Once all the children are blindfolded and ready to draw, I describe a scene for them to scene. For instance, I ask them to draw a house with a tree outside and some birds in the sky. I always ask them to include a drawing of themselves in the picture and maybe the other party guests. I tend to stick to simple descriptions because they are blindfolded. I also always ask the kids to sign their names at the bottom of the picture!

Once they are done drawing, they take their blindfolds off and I ask them to describe what they have drawn to the group. It's always funny to see them try to remember what they drew and where it is on the page! Once we are done playing this game, I fold up the drawings and stick them in the kids loot bags for them to take home!

Let me know if you have any questions!
Kenzie

1 comment:

  1. I remember playing this game!! so much fun!

    ReplyDelete