Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas Eve: Free Food

I have mentioned how my family spends Christmas Eve, but I don't think I did it justice! So here is a little wrap up of my family's Christmas Eve...

This year, my dad's youngest brother hosted. So we gathered at his house with tons of presents and Hors d'Oeurves in toe! We eat Hors d'Oeurves on Christmas Eve to go a little lighter before the big meal on Christmas day. Well, our intentions are to go lighter but it is difficult with all the yummy food there!
This year, we put out lasagna (my grandma's lasagna that you can find HERE!), meat pie, pigs in a blanket, meat balls, puff pastries, mini quiches, mozzarella sticks, cold cuts & cheese, chicken wings, shrimps, a veggie platter, bread and ceasar salad. Oh holy moly! Is that enough food!!?!??

For dessert, we have a fun mix of cake, Nanaimo Bars (I'll get a recipe for those up a.s.a.p.) and cheesecake balls. In between dinner and dessert we open presents and I got some fun stuff this year!! But, my favorite present of all was this fabulous fruit basket that my Grandma got for my family.
How amazing is that!? My family dug in as soon as we got home that night, and it was delicious!!!

How does your family spend Christmas eve? I'll be back with more tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment