Thursday, December 1, 2016

Winter Things :)

It's December and I could not be happier! Today, I am going to share some of the things I am looking forward to doing this month!
1. Starting with our Elf on the Shelf...
Our Elf's name is Arty. And yes Arty is a girl - I don't remember why we decided on the name Arty, but it stuck! Arty showed up this morning with advent calendars and a little note! I'm looking forward to all of the mischief Arty will cause between now and Christmas. I will do a round up of all of my Elf on the Shelf pranks and share them with you a little closer to Christmas, so stay tuned! I'll try to keep my Instagram updated on a daily basis, so you can follow me HERE if you're interested! 
2. My family started a new tradition last year - going to cut down our Christmas tree! We had always just picked up a tree from a grocery store near by. But last year, we went to a Christmas tree farm, browsed through all of the beautiful trees while sipping on hot cocoa, chose a tree, then chopped it down and loaded it onto our car to take home! It was so much fun and I look forward to continuing this tradition in years to come!

3. Another tradition that my family started last year, is having a little Christmas party that we call 'Jammy Cocoa Christmas.' We invite our family friends to come over in their favorite Christmas Pajamas and we set a little hot chocolate bar and a little doughnut bar. I will be sure to blog all about it once it happens!

4. This is a tradition my family has been doing for years, we call it free food! On Christmas Eve, we get together with my dad's side of the family and eat hors d'oeurves. We put out mini quiches, pigs in a blanket, cold cuts, a cheese platter - just little snacky foods. We do free food on Christmas Eve because we all have turkey on Christmas day, so we take it a little easier on the eve! We call this tradition free food because one year, one of my cousins saw the food on the table and said "wow! All of this food is free!?" Hahaha and so we've called it 'free food' ever since!

Happy December! 25 days until Christmas!!



No comments:

Post a Comment