Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Ham & Cheese Omelet

I love having omelets for breakfast - they are always delicious and I love how versatile they are. Yesterday, I made a plain ham and cheese omelet so that's what what I'll be sharing but you can dress it up however you'd like! You can add pesto, bell pepper, tomato, green onion, Italian sausage - really whatever you have on hand. Here is how we do omelets in my house:
Start with two eggs in a small bowl or a glass measuring dish. I use 2 eggs when I am making 1 omelet, but you can vary this amount depending on how many omelets you need. Whisk the eggs together for about 1 minute.

Cut up some ham. I typically use 1 or 2 slices of ham. You could easily replace the ham for any other meat (turkey/chicken/Italian Sausage...) or you could leave the meat out entirely if you want a vegetarian omelet.
Whisk in the ham.
Grate some cheddar cheese - I never measure the amount of cheese I use, I would guess that I use 2 or 3 tablespoons of grated cheddar cheese. You could replace the cheddar with any other kind of cheese you like.
Whisk in the cheese. At this point, you would mix in any other ingredients you want in the omelet
Prep a frying pan by spraying cooking spray on the bottom and pour the omelet into the pan.

Let the omelet cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat, then flip it and allow it to cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
And you're done!

HAM & CHEESE OMELET
makes 1 omelet
ingredients
2 eggs
1 or 2 slices of ham (you could replace this with turkey, chicken, Italian Sausage...)
2 or 3 tablespoons of cheese (I use cheddar)
any other ingredients you'd like to add (pesto, bell pepper, tomato, green onion...)

directions
1. Whisk 2 eggs together in a small mixing bowl or a glass measuring dish.
2. Cut up some ham and whisk it into the eggs.
3. Grate the cheese and whisk it into the eggs.
4. Mix in any other ingredients you'd like in your omelet.
5. Prep a frying pan with cooking spray, pour the omelet into the pan.
6. Let the omelet cook for ~5 minutes, then flip and allow it to cook for 3 to 5 more minutes on the opposite side. Once it's fully cooked, remove it from the pan and enjoy!

Have a great Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment