Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Pancakes & Pajamas Party - The Food

The Bean's birthday was last Saturday and it was the biggest success! Yesterday, I talked all about the games and today and talking all about the food! We did a pancake bar for the girls and had some french silk pie instead of cake - it was all a hit! Let's start with the pancake bar!

I made my favorite pancakes. You can find the recipe HERE. The link to the recipe is actually for blueberry pancakes, but if you want plain pancakes like these, just leave out the blueberries. The pancakes without the blueberries are just as delicious. 

I wrapped our island in brown packaging paper. I did the wrapping the night before to lighten up on the set up on Saturday morning.




I set out bowls and plates to hold pancakes, whipped cream, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, chocolate chips, 3 different colored sprinkles, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup and maple syrup around the pancake bar. I used a black sharpie to label all of the food.



When the girls arrived, they started on the pancake side and walked around the island to dress their pancakes. I was expecting some messy pancakes piles, but the girls were surprisingly conservative with their pancake creations!
Instead of cake, I made a French Silk Pie per the Bean's request. You can find my French Silk Pie recipe HERE. This pie was such a delicious way to wrap up the party!

See you tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment