Monday, June 5, 2017

Music for Mondays: Moana!

On Friday evening, I finally had the opportunity to see Moana! It was such a good movie & the music is especially magnificent! If you have yet to see Disney's latest flick, I highly recommend it for a family movie night - so good!! Here are a few of my favorite songs from the movie...
How Far I'll Go - Auli'i Cravalho
I had heard this song several times before seeing the movie and out of context, it made no sense to me. I was actually reluctant to see the movie just because this song had me so confused! However, once I understood the story, I totally understood this song! And it's beautiful! It is reprised several times throughout the movie and just as good each time!

Shiny - Jemaine Clement
Okay, this song is just weird. I had to include it because there's something wonderful (or maybe I should say intriguing) in how weird this song is! When I say weird, I mean so weird! I could not believe what I was watching, but it is a super entertaining part of movie (and so so funny)!!

You're Welcome - Dwayne Johnson
I think 'You're Welcome' is my favorite song from the movie! And Maui (the guy who sings it) is such a great character! But even better than this version is:

You're Welcome - Lin Manuel Miranda & Jordan Fisher
The one that Lin Manuel Miranda and Jordan Fisher sing. I have listened to this so many times since seeing the movie! 

I hope you have the best Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment