Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday Favorites

This is officially my last week of summer vacation! Next Friday, I start student teaching in a Grade 1 classroom! A room full of six year olds is kind of intimidating but I am very excited! Here are some highlights from this week...

1. I met up with a friend of mine for tea and a little girl chat last Sunday & she was so encouraging about my blogging endeavors! I am pretty conservative about telling my real-life friends about my blog, but I am so glad her and I got to talk about blogging! We had a very interesting conversation about separating 'blog life' from real life - I am so guilty of wanting every aspect of my life to be blog worthy. Since starting a blog, I try to turn everything I do into blog content (because that makes writing blog content easier!). But I think I need to step away from that sometimes. I do love sharing parts of my life on my blog, but I would definitely like to be more intentional about living moments for me, instead of the blog!
2. Y'all - my crazy baby face is in full gear, but this sweet baby just stole my heart! Last Saturday, my whole crew loaded up and headed off to spend the afternoon at my dad's family reunion! It was so fun to meet aunts/uncles/cousins... that my dad grew up with! I have to say though, baby Colton was my favorite family member to hang out with!
3. On Tuesday evening, I packed up the car and headed down to Vermont for a couple of days to say goodbye to my very best friend, Hannah! She is going to school in Poland for 10 months and as much as I am so excited for the experiences she will have, I am selfishly so sad that she is going! What am I going to do for 10 months without my favorite sidekick? I wrote out 18 'open letters' for her to take with her and hopefully give her something familiar to hold onto while she is there! I am not one to wish time would move faster, but I do hope these next 10 months speed by!

4. I gushed about MudLove just last week, but I'm going to do it all over again this week! Hannah just got a MudLove band that says 'thrive' (and her mom has a matching one!). I love every single thing this company has to offer - I love what they support and I love their products! I've been wearing my bracelet everyday for a little over a year and it is still going strong! If you are interested in learning more about MudLove, you can find everything HERE.

5. When I was driving home from Vermont yesterday, I drove past a sign that marked the halfway point between the Equator and the North Pole - so cool! I about lost my mind when I read the North Pole, because I immediately started thinking about Christmas! I may have even played a Christmas carol or two ;) A little Google search revealed that Christmas is in 129 days! Wahoo! I do realize how crazy I am and I am just choosing to own it - I love the Holiday season! :)

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites. 

I hope your weekend is full of joy! See you on Monday!






No comments:

Post a Comment