Friday, November 24, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, everyone! The holidays are fast approaching and I am so excited! I can't wait for the full weekends that come with Christmas! I have my calendar all filled up with going to get our tree, Christmas dinners and parties and baking - lots and lots of baking!


1. I'm off today and by off, I mean no teaching, no skating, no coaching - nothing! I have absolutely nothing to do today for the first time in 3+ months and it feels fabulous! I will definitely be staying in my pajamas as long as possible and drinking copious amounts of tea. Maybe I'll go crazy and bake a little ;) Quiet days are my favorite!
A post shared by Kenzie (@connectedinthekitchen) on
2. Yesterday, I went to a big conference for teachers that is hosted in Montreal every year. I definitely walked around the expo hall but I really just wanted to watch this Christmas light show! Every half hour, the lights in the mall went off and this amazing light and fountain show started. Yes, I love stickers and teacher stuff, but I love Christmas music even more! This light show was incredible - the lights and the fountain were coordinated with music. It was magical! 
 3. I finish my student teaching internship this Friday and while I am looking forward to some down time, I know leaving will just break my heart! I spent so much time scouring Pinterest for gift ideas to give my students when I leave. I finally decided on bookmarks with some of my favorite quotes on them. I'm going to print these out on cardstock, write a little message on them for each of my students and laminate them. I hope these turn out cute, but I am dreading this Friday. 
4. Speaking of dreading this Friday, I'm doing my best to keep this quote in mind during my last few days. Yesterday during calendar and morning routine, I realized that I only get to do this four more times - four! And I wanted to cry! I'm doing my best to feel lucky for the time that I have had with these students, but saying goodbye will be very hard. Yesterday, we had a discussion about me leaving and I was careful to tell them that this is a 'see you soon' not a 'goodbye.' I know I will be going back over and over just to see their sweet faces! 
5. Did you see this recipe that I posted yesterday - so good! I mean, you are going to want to make these a.s.a.p.!! They were such a delightful treat to have after dinner! If you can serve these warm with a little vanilla ice cream, I promise, you will not be disappointed! Apple Hand Pies are such a fun twist on the traditional apple pie and just as yummy! 

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

I hope your weekend is full of fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment